CALL FOR PAPERS
It is our great pleasure to invite you to participate VACI2018 and submit a paper for its Special Issue of the International Journal of Water Resources Development with theme “Innovative Water Solutions for Asia”. The Journal is a policy and practice-oriented Journal that covers all aspects of water resources policy, management, development and governance. It is an interdisciplinary journal that focuses on water resources and their economic, financial, social and environmental-related impacts. Contributions which include the interdependences and inter-linkages between the water and the agricultural, energy, industrial and health sectors are welcome.
Partner/exhibitor profiles will be published as VACI2018 Directory of Water Solutions, while research papers and posters will be published as VACI2018 Conference Proceedings. Selected full papers will be considered for a VACI Special Issue of ISI International Journal of Water Resources Development by Taylor & Francis with theme “Innovative Water Solutions for Asia”. The Journal is indexed by Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, Environment Abstracts, ICEA, ISI Science Citation Index, Science Citation Rankings, SCOPUS among others. All publications will be released to participants, VACI’s network of water professionals, central/local water authorities in Vietnam and available online at VACI’s homepage.
Instructions for authors
About the journal
International Journal of Water Resources Development is an international, peer reviewed journal, publishing high-quality, original research. Please see the journal’s Aims & Scope for information about its focus and peer-review policy.
Please note that this journal only publishes manuscripts in English.
Taylor & Francis is committed to peer-review integrity and upholding the highest standards of review. Once your paper has been assessed for suitability by the editor, it will then be double blind peer-reviewed by independent, anonymous expert referees. Find out more about what to expect during peer review and read our guidance on publishing ethics.
Preparing your paper
Please include a word count for your paper.
A typical article for this journal should be no more than 8000 words; this limit does not include appendices which will be published in online only supplemental files, tables, figure captions, references.
Please refer to these style guidelines when preparing your paper, rather than any published articles or a sample copy.
Please use British -ize spelling style consistently throughout your manuscript.
Please use single quotation marks, except where ‘a quotation is “within” a quotation’. Please note that long quotations should be indented without quotation marks.
Articles should be written in the third person, impersonal style, and the use of ‘I/we’ should be avoided.
Formatting and templates
Papers may be submitted in any standard format, including Word. Figures should be saved separately from the text. To assist you in preparing your paper, we provide formatting templates.
Word templates are available for this journal. Please save the template to your hard drive, ready for use.
If you are not able to use the templates via the links (or if you have any other template queries) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Legal references and statutes should be accompanied by a full reference in the reference list with a URL where possible. If this material does not fit into standard reference format or contains lengthy URLs, it should be put into a separate Appendix for online only publication in the supplemental file.
Any figures, tables or text to be included as supplemental data should be submitted in a separate document clearly marked ‘supplemental’. Any figures or tables should be numbered as A1, A2, A3 etc, in separate sequences from figures and tables appearing in the main text. This material will not be copy-edited or typeset, and should be supplied as the author wishes it to appear when accessed online.
If there are figures in the main article, and other figures in the online appendix, then they should be numbered as two separate sequences. The figures in the main article should be referred to as Figure 1, Figure 2, etc, and the figures in the Appendix should be referred to as Figure A1, Figure A2, etc. Both sets of figures must be mentioned in the text of the article, although the Appendix figures will only appear in the online supplemental file. The same applies to tables.
Checklist: what to include
- Author details. Please include all authors’ full names, affiliations, postal addresses, telephone numbers and email addresses on the title page.
- A non-structured abstract of no more than 100 words. Read tips on writing your abstract.
- 4-6 keywords. Read making your article more discoverable, including information on choosing a title and search engine optimization.
- Funding details. Please supply all details required by your funding and grant-awarding bodies as follows:
For single agency grants: This work was supported by the[Funding Agency] under Grant [number xxxx].
For multiple agency grants: This work was supported by the [funding Agency 1]; under Grant [number xxxx]; [Funding Agency 2] under Grant [number xxxx]; and [Funding Agency 3] under Grant [number xxxx].
- Disclosure statement. This is to acknowledge any financial interest or benefit that has arisen from the direct applications of your research. Further guidance on what is a conflict of interest and how to disclose it.
- Figures. Figures should be high quality (1200 dpi for line art, 600 dpi for grayscale and 300 dpi for color, at the correct size). Figures should be saved as TIFF, PostScript or EPS files. More information on how to prepare artwork.
- Tables. Tables should present new information rather than duplicating what is in the text. Readers should be able to interpret the table without reference to the text. Please supply editable files.
- Equations. If you are submitting your manuscript as a Word document, please ensure that equations are editable. More information about mathematical symbols and equations.
- Units. Please use SI units (non-italicized).